The Classic is equipped with ventilated side plates in the new 2011 version. Beneath the stunning looks of the new, Classic Fly Reel is the ultra-modern Power Matrix Drag System. This monstrous braking system will subdue the strongest of fish in the harshest conditions. The completely waterproof drag system benefits from a pronounced ‘click’ that signals “fish on” through your ears into your every vein.
The Classic is completely corrosion resistant and benefits from a new ergonomic handle design with integrated leader retainer on the counterbalance. Available in either left or right-hand wind, each reel is individually numbered and presented in a handcrafted leather case. With its old world ‘classic’ looks and ultra-modern braking power, you will get the best of both worlds. We call it a tradition with an attitude.
Please note: Model 46 does not have the Power matrix drag system. It comes with a very light and smooth adjustable click and drag which functions in both directions. This function is designed only to prevent spool overrun.
NEW 2017 – AVAILABLE IN PORTED AND NON-PORTED SIDE PLATES!
- Housing and spool machined from one piece aircraft aluminum.
- Waterproof and salt tolerant.
- Components in stainless steel and anodized aluminum.
- All screws secured with Loc-Tite.
- Mechanized components from leading European manufacturers.
- Power Matrix Drag System.
- Easy-grip progressive brake knob.
- Precisely counterbalanced